If You Use Containers to Grow Some of Your Plants, Why Not try Using a Grow Bag This Year?
Grow bags are not a new idea. In ancient times, plants were grown in woven baskets and bags. Ancient Egyptians would weave plant baskets and the Greeks used woven containers on their rooftop gardens because they could be easily moved.
Today, they are still ideal for growing plants in the greenhouse, but recently there has been growing interest in using them as an alternative container.
Grow bags are especially helpful and affordable for growing plants on patios and balconies!
WHY USE A PLANT GROW BAG?
- Pots are heavy and difficult to move. Grow bags are lightweight. If you are growing on your balcony or anywhere weight is an issue or will need to move the containers during the growing season, fabric pots weigh practically nothing. It is only the weight of the soil that you have to deal with.
- They are breathable and drain well. Unlike plastic, the fabric allows air to reach plant roots so the soil won’t get soggy. It is hard to overwater them.
- They prevent plants from becoming rootbound. When a root reaches the side of the container it comes in contact with drier soil and more air. Instead of circling the pot and eventually strangling the plant, that root stops growing.
- Called “air pruning,” this encourages the plant to make new roots giving it a robust root system with many small root tips that can take in water and nutrients instead of a few long roots choking it. The plant can put more energy into top growth as well. Many growers swear that the plants in the grow bags do much better than those in plastic pots.
- Soil is cooler in summer. Black plastic pots heat up in the summer sun. Since the bags can breathe, heat can escape. The felt-like fabric is more insulating than plastic so the soil stays a bit warmer when the weather cools down.
Vegetable Planting Bag Features:
- Breathable and absorbent, with holes at the bottom
- Open design, convenient
- Beautiful, long service life and durable
- Select the planting bag according to the ratio of six times the diameter of the plant
- Fill the soil into the bag at 1/3
- Place the plant in the planting bag and continue filling the soil.
- Water the soil while filling it until it reaches 3-5 cm.
- Adjust the plant spacing according to the plant habits.
- Material: Non-woven fabric
- Color: Blue / Orange / Red
- Size: 28x28cm
- Application: Potatoes, potato planting bags, tomatoes etc